Everything You Need to Know About British Vogue's New Editor-in-Chief Edward Enninful
British Vogue announced that Edward Enninful, 45, will succeed Alexandra Shulman as Editor-in-Chief of the publication this morning. Shulman announced in January that she will be stepping down from the position, making Enninful the first man to become H(E)IC of British Vogue. Here's everything you need to know about the Enninful's rise in fashion.
1. Enninful was discovered on the train at the age of 16 by Fashion Editor and Stylist Simon Foxton.
2. He was born in Ghana but moved to London at a young age. His mother brought her love of fashion with her and created garments for all her British-Ghanaian friends, driving Enninful's love of style.
3. At 18, Enninful became the youngest Fashion Director for an international publication during his tenure at i-D Magazine.
4. He made contributions to American Vogue and Vogue Italia before becoming the Fashion Director of W Magazine.
5. Enninful will become the first man of color to become editor of a major publication.
6. Last year, Enninful was awarded an OBE for his contributions to the fashion industry.
We wish Edward Enninful continued success in his new endeavor.